Three industries located within the City of Cuba have all received Gold Level awards for their dedicated work towards the pretreatment of their Industrial Wastewater discharged to the City of Cuba’s Publicly Owned Wastewater Treatment Works.
Industries receiving the awards were Blue Beacon Truck Wash, Ozark Mountain Technologies-LMI Aerospace and Wieland Rolled Products.
Randy Williams, City of Cuba Pretreatment Coordinator, nominated these facilities for Gold Level awards for their 2020 performance, to protect the cities treatment works and the resulting environment. Personnel from each industry were presented with the awards during the joint MWEA/MOAWWA annual meeting held on August 9, 2021. To be eligible for the Gold Level awards an industry must meet the following criteria during the entire 2020 calendar year:
• Must have and operate some type of pretreatment or pollution prevention processes and equipment.
• Must have a history of cooperative working relationship with the City of Cuba
• Must not have been in any type of significant noncompliance
• No serious deficiencies in safety related matters discovered during the most recent Pretreatment Inspection at the facility
• Must have been in 100% compliance with all wastewater pollutant limitations and other Pretreatment Permit requirements.
• Must have been in 100% compliance with all reporting requirements, including submission of complete reports to the Pretreatment Coordinator by each due date.
Williams and the City of Cuba appreciate and applaud these industries, for their excellent wastewater performance during 2020.
Blue Beacon Truck Wash (above), Ozark Mountain Technologies-LMI Aerospace (below) and Wieland Rolled Products received Gold Level awards for their work toward the pretreatment of their wastewater in the city of Cuba. Pictured (from left) Randy Williams, City of Cuba Pretreatment Coordinator; Nick Johnson, Missouri Water Environmental Association (MWEA); Michael Bohn, Blue Beacon Cuba site General Manager; Julie Bohn; and Tina Price, Blue Beacon Environmental Compliance Manager. Ozark Mountain also received the Gold Level award. Pictured (from left) Randy Williams, City of Cuba Pretreatment Coordinator; Nick Johnson, Missouri Water Environmental Association (MWEA; Dr. Timothy Sieve, OD, Quality Chemical Lab Supervisor at Ozark Mountain Technologies-LMI Aerospace Supervisor/Quality; and Dr. David Mailes, DOM, Sr. Quality/Environmental Manager at Ozark Mountain Technologies-LMI Aerospace.